Call for Proposals: Cognate Session at the 2022 PSA Biennial MeetingPosted: 17 May 2022
The Philosophy of Science Association is inviting selected cognate societies to submit one proposal apiece for a special session during their upcoming biennial meeting in Pittsburgh (November 10-13, 2022). The idea is to seek a broader representation of work in philosophy of science than has traditionally been represented on the regular program of the PSA meeting. Each cognate society whose proposal is approved will be allotted 90 minutes. PSA will provide meeting rooms and AV equipment. Sessions and participants will be listed on the official conference program and on-line schedules. Participants must register for the conference.
If you are interested in having the PMA forward a proposal for a session organized by you, please send, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and before June 17, 2022, the following details:
- The title of the proposed session.
- Session topic(s)
- Session chair (can be the session organizer or someone different)
- A list of participants with name, affiliation, and contact email, including any non-presenting co-authors.
- A short descriptive summary of the proposal (100-200 words).
- A description of the topic and a justification of its current importance to the discipline (up to 1-2pp. or 1000 words).
The joint PMA/APMP selection committee will pre-select a proposal to be proposed to the PSA.
Please note that in accordance with current PSA policy:
- No previously published paper may be presented at the PSA meeting.
- No one will be permitted to present more than once at PSA 2022. A scholar may appear as co-author on more than one paper or symposium talk, but may present at PSA 2022 only once (excluding presentations at the poster forum).
- Any individual can be part of only one cognate society proposal in which he or she is a presenting author.