Call for Proposals: Philosophy of Mathematics Group Sessions at the 2022 Eastern APAPosted: 9 April 2021
The Philosophy of Mathematics Association is an affiliated group of the American Philosophical Association and as such is invited to organize sessions in the group program at APA divisional meetings. The PMA has held such a group session at the 2020 Eastern meeting and the 2021 Pacific meeting, and is hoping to make philosophy of mathematics symposia a regular component of APA divisional meetings. Please submit your proposal for a 2- or 3-hour symposium on a topic in the philosophy of mathematics by June 1, 2021.
Proposals will be vetted by a joint committee of the PMA and the Association for the Philosophy of Mathematical Practice (APMP), and successful proposals will be scheduled for inclusion at the 2022 APA Eastern division meeting (January 4–8, 2022, Montreal). A separate call for proposals will be issued for group sessions at the 2022 Central and Pacific division meetings, although you can now indicate if you would like your proposal to be considered then if it is not selected for the Eastern division meeting.
A proposal requires:
- names, affiliations, and email addresses of organizer and speaker
- short abstracts (up to 200 words) for the session/talks
- confirmation that organizers and speakers commit to attending the meeting
- length of session (2 or 3 hours; select both if you are willing to hold a 2-hour session to accommodate a second session, if possible)
- whether you would like your proposal to be considered for the 2022 Central (February 23–26, Chicago) or Pacific (April 13–16, Vancouver) meeting if it is not selected for the Eastern.
Please submit your proposal by June 1, 2021 online here: https://forms.gle/djVziN81SX6RsY5U9